Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Super day of Crafting

Oh my gosh, get me away from this computer. I started the morning with some very productive internet searching to find a good deal on a Zutter Bind-it-All. After watching the Bug Junkie tutorial on Youtube last night on how to make a shape book, I knew I had to have one to give my books the finishing touch to bind them together. Well you know me I dont quite til I have searched and researched and found the most bang for my buck. Got a really good deal with an ebay seller, Flip Flops and Roses, just want I wanted and FREE SHIPPING. Also spent some time researching some of the other products she used. Some I have already and others after reading reviews, will think about. So by 10am I had indulged myself and was ready to start on my shape book.
I had may layout and went to work. Well of course you know me, have to do it wrong first. But her videos were so good and I went right to town. Even figured out a thing or two on my own. I think I could get hooked on these shape books. I have it about half way done. Took me a long time to decide on just what paper I wanted to use and how I wanted it layed out. I love the designing and the layouts and paper choices, and now that I know a little more about my Design Studio, I even like the doing.
I wish when I had started there had been a guide to tell me some of the basic things that make it easier. The first one would have been the cheat sheet that tells you were to find stuff. I am a very organizational type of person so I spent alot of time making spread sheets of each cartridge so that I could look at the sheet and see what it has and what page it is on. When I start I like to have all the info at hand for reference. It has all paid off and led up to my finding all the great tutorial on Youtube.
And along with all this great scrapping and shopping I have been texting back and forth with my oldest son and his wife who are riding a train to California to see their son who has just returned from 7 months in Afghanistan. So far they have been really enjoying the trip. Last I heard they had a 1 hr layover in Albaqurqe, know that isnt spelled right, New Mexico. They should arrive in Oceanside sometime tomorrow. I think he said they should get there about noon. Know they will have a great week out there with son and his wife and little boy.
Well I really think I am going to finish up and go watch some tv. Would rather stay right here but think I have had enough. Later, bye. Couldnt stand it, had to go see how to spell Albuquerque, right. Well guess I was a little off. Good night from Coleman and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment